Monday, August 6, 2018

Emotional Flooding

I have often experienced mental flooding, certain triggers, a state of fight or flight kicks in. A sense of being overwhelmed with no control of what or how I am feeling the way I am. all know is in turn can leave me feeling cold or so hot I am on fire not the literal state o course. Its a natural response what I learnt through my processes was how to identify what the trigger was, what response I chose to have which led me to being more in control of me rather than my self. even to this day I still haven't identified all of so each time something new comes up I treat it like a new experience. learn from it and try to move on the best way I know how which is either avoidance, freeze, isolate myself or if the experience is positive I tend to over engage with the activity. I guess I am at a point now where I'm in pursuit of complete balance.

work life should work for me not the other way around, be passionate enjoy what you do you have one life. Our biggest regret is not being able to change. instead staying stuck in a lifeless life not taking that chance when we wished we had. 

Family life I love family time but often I need breaks too although I'm a wife I don't want it to define me 24/7 I need to be able to still connect to me but have that sense of belonging. we are all guilty of being defined by social expectations. Whilst this is how we have been conditioned you still need to stay as you. Who were you before the house, the husband or wife, the family, the children, the car, the dog?

Me Time whats's that? you are so consumed by the the other things in life that actually you neglect yourself how can you be the best version for the above I you don't devote that time back to you. Don't get me wrong being a single parent is hard you have to play roles of both. However you do go to bed whilst this maybe disturbed sleep, whilst the kids are settling listen to some calming music, set a routine easier said than done, it can eventually be achieved. before I met Ryan from revive I was doing ok and coping but made no  conscious effort for me. So far what I have learnt is how to schedule a meal plan to work for me, develop a morning routine, create a natural calming environment for me to recharge, how to eat when I'm feeling my lowest. There is truth behind the work we have successfully managed to reverse uti's kidney and liver damage. I invested back into myself because I wanted to and I felt I was dieing inside. 

Calm When was the last time you made time for you, that sense of calm was it before bedtime, watching a moving, going for a walk chilling with your favourite humans. a sense of calm is important it helps develop our emotions. its a time for reflection inner peace and silence. to achieve this state of mind is hard especially hard in a busy world. So how can you achieve it? down below I have identified activities that have helped me.

Activities
Qi Gong
Meditation
Affirmations eg. I am enough
Walking
Thought bubbles
Routines
Touching nature
Fresh fruit and Vegetables
Organisation
Bath time light candles
Reading
Writing
Practice consciousness
The list is endless but be for sure you can do you....

Specify what you want?
A dream is just a dream, how will you achieve it, what support do you need, do you need a time scale? a back up plan? write, write and write for your pursuit of your dreams.

Work without labels A tree is a tree what do you notice about it, is it breathing? how does it move, notice the colours, are they bright or dull. describe what you see and all of a sudden you create a visual experience of more than just a tree. give it a go takes practice. again write down what you see hear and smell.

Notice the emotions
Anger
Sadness
Frustration
Stress
Hate
Anxious
Doubt

There are many reasons these show up its important to understand the trigger, reflect upon them use the negative emotions as a gateway to find a release. observe them find out why they have shown up. avoid avoiding them but accept them as just thoughts.

happiness, peace and love SW XXX
Gratitude to Ryan @revive you have helped no end thank you x






No comments:

Post a Comment